- California wildfires threaten famous giant sequoia trees
- Future of Lake Tahoe clarity in question as wildfires worsen
- CPS Energy workers travel to Houston to help with Hurricane Nicholas recovery
- Beware of this CenterPoint Energy scam after Hurricane Nicholas
- Retired Carolina Hurricanes player participates in Make-A-Wish fundraiser
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
GREENVILLE, NC (WWAY) — North Carolina natives the Avett Brothers announced they will headline “Concert for Hurricane Florence Relief” in November.
The concert will be held at Minges Coliseum on November 13.
Future Islands and Valient Thorr will also perform in the benefit show.
All three bands have strong ties to North Carolina.
Proceeds from the concert will entirely be donated back to the people and organizations contributing to Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
“We are honored by the opportunity to contribute to our friends and neighbors affected by Hurricane Florence. We hope this performance not only provides some financial relief for victims of the storm but also is an occasion to celebrate the resilience of the people of North Carolina. We can’t wait to return to the eastern part of the state!” said Seth Avett of The Avett Brothers.
Tickets — $75 Lower level and $65 – upper level go on sale on October 12 online and by phone at 800-DIAL-ECU (800-342-5328).