- How To Survive Houston’s Summer – From Hurricanes To Extreme Heat To Power Grid Concerns
- “People Are Wiped Out”: Costs Pile Up as Hurricane Season Begins
- Severe weather causes NC blueberry shortage, drives up cost
- Weather Service: Suburban Chicago tornado had 140 mph winds
- Claudette's tornado tally reaches 7 across 4 states
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
GREENVILLE, NC (WWAY) — North Carolina natives the Avett Brothers announced they will headline “Concert for Hurricane Florence Relief” in November.
The concert will be held at Minges Coliseum on November 13.
Future Islands and Valient Thorr will also perform in the benefit show.
All three bands have strong ties to North Carolina.
Proceeds from the concert will entirely be donated back to the people and organizations contributing to Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
“We are honored by the opportunity to contribute to our friends and neighbors affected by Hurricane Florence. We hope this performance not only provides some financial relief for victims of the storm but also is an occasion to celebrate the resilience of the people of North Carolina. We can’t wait to return to the eastern part of the state!” said Seth Avett of The Avett Brothers.
Tickets — $75 Lower level and $65 – upper level go on sale on October 12 online and by phone at 800-DIAL-ECU (800-342-5328).