- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
- Tornado causes damage, injuries in Dallas-area city
- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
GREENVILLE, NC (WWAY) — North Carolina natives the Avett Brothers announced they will headline “Concert for Hurricane Florence Relief” in November.
The concert will be held at Minges Coliseum on November 13.
Future Islands and Valient Thorr will also perform in the benefit show.
All three bands have strong ties to North Carolina.
Proceeds from the concert will entirely be donated back to the people and organizations contributing to Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
“We are honored by the opportunity to contribute to our friends and neighbors affected by Hurricane Florence. We hope this performance not only provides some financial relief for victims of the storm but also is an occasion to celebrate the resilience of the people of North Carolina. We can’t wait to return to the eastern part of the state!” said Seth Avett of The Avett Brothers.
Tickets — $75 Lower level and $65 – upper level go on sale on October 12 online and by phone at 800-DIAL-ECU (800-342-5328).