- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
- Beautiful Sunday evening awaits as central NC dodges severe weather
- 50-acre Bastrop County wildfire 50% contained
- EF-1 tornado confirmed by NWS in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Tornado confirmed near Seneca, South Carolina
The latest forecast update from the National Hurricane Center has Michael set to come ashore as a Category 3 storm as local officials are preparing for soaking rains and gusty winds that could uproot trees and knock down power lines.