- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
10/9/18–As folks in Florida prepare for a dangerous Hurricane Michael—emergency managers here are also keeping an eye on the storm.
We could see high winds and up to 5 inches of rain later this week.
In Pender County — the emergency manager wants people to prepare for flash floods and rising rivers.
He says that means securing everything from trash cans to the tarps on roofs still waiting for repair after Florence.