- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
ABC News Chief Meteorologist Ginger Zee was in the middle of it all when Hurricane Michael made landfall, saying it’s something she has never seen before.
“My heart is racing, I have never, George, seen something like an entire home, a well-built home, rolling down the street,” Zee said to ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.
Zee later tweeted that they later lost the ability to broadcast but that she and her crew were safe.
Watch live coverage of Hurricane Michael from ABC News here.
PHOTOS: Hurricane Michael approaches the Florida panhandle