- Scientists work to protect national security during hurricane season
- Hurricanes and climate change: What's the connection?
- Fort Bend County announces million-dollar expansion of pump station to help reduce flooding
- New $9 million water pumps in Sugar Land expected to mitigate flooding
- What's the connection between hurricanes and climate change?
Water on roads a killer during hurricane season
View The Original Article Here
Troopers advise against driving through standing water deeper than an inch or two. All types of vehicles are vulnerable to being swept off the road by rushing waters, making the rescue by the Highway Patrol and other groups that much more difficult.