- Gusty winds fuel wildfires in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado
- Wildfire Potential Continues For Portions Of The State
- Taylor County wildfire prompts evacuations as dry conditions raise risk in West Texas
- Today on Texas Standard: Mesquite Heat fire burns as wildfire conditions intensify
- Cole's OT goal lift Hurricanes past Rangers for Game 1 win
RALEIGH (WTVD) —
As Tropical Storm Michael continues to move through North Carolina, heavy storms are already beginning to cause thousands of power outages across the state.
As of 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Duke Energy has reported a total of 52,294 outages.
Duke Energy projects Hurricane Michael could cause 300,000 to 500,000 power outages in North Carolina and South Carolina this week, based on the storm’s current forecasted track.
Officials said complete power restoration from a storm of this magnitude could take several days.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)