- 1 dead, at least 17 injured after tornado rips Alabama town
- Alabama tornado leaves 1 dead, several critically injured
- Tornado leaves several injured, homes damaged in Alabama
- Senior-laden Hurricanes edge Rockets to keep playoffs in sight
- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
Photo: Sabinal EMS Archive
Image 1 14
Two days after a man was swept away by the floodwaters of the Sabinal River, search teams found his body Friday morning.
The driver, in his 20s, was found dead roughly one mile from the bridge he was was swept from, according to the Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office.
The man was driving his pickup on Wednesday when it stalled in the water on FM 187, according to the post.
The flooding occurred after a week of heavy storms hit Central Texas, bringing more than 10 inches of rain to parts of the region.
Several agencies stepped in to help, including Texas Game Wardens, Department of Public Safety Troopers and Border Patrol Agents.
“Our thoughts and prayers for the family, search team members, and law enforcement officers who helped in this matter,” the Uvalde County Sheriff’s post read.