- Flooding in Venice worsens off-season amid climate change
- Drawing Hope: Illustrator volunteers to sketch homes lost in California wildfires
- 'She couldn't swim' | Family of flooding victim speaks about loss, lack of barricades
- Floods, landslides kill at least 28 people in southern India
- Thailand hit with more flooding amid heavy rains
Photo: Sabinal EMS Archive
Image 1 14
Two days after a man was swept away by the floodwaters of the Sabinal River, search teams found his body Friday morning.
The driver, in his 20s, was found dead roughly one mile from the bridge he was was swept from, according to the Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office.
The man was driving his pickup on Wednesday when it stalled in the water on FM 187, according to the post.
The flooding occurred after a week of heavy storms hit Central Texas, bringing more than 10 inches of rain to parts of the region.
Several agencies stepped in to help, including Texas Game Wardens, Department of Public Safety Troopers and Border Patrol Agents.
“Our thoughts and prayers for the family, search team members, and law enforcement officers who helped in this matter,” the Uvalde County Sheriff’s post read.