- Hurricane Zeta, approaching Gulf Coast, could bring severe weather to NC
- Zeta likely to reform as hurricane in Caribbean, severe weather possible Thursday in NC
- Gulf Coast braces, again, for hurricane as Zeta takes aim
- Hurricane Warning in effect for Louisiana, Mississippi as Zeta eyes Gulf Coast
- Zeta, headed for Gulf Coast, could bring severe weather to NC
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — In Brunswick County, Soundhouse, a home to music and the arts, is opening it’s doors for donations for families in the Waccamaw, Ash and Boiling Springs Lake area.
Owner Tina Smith says the Soundhouse is officially a drop off site and is accepting cleaning supplies and toiletries. Items can be dropped off between Wednesday and Sunday from 4 PM until close. They are located at 3610 Express Drive in Shallotte.
Smith says her family first settled in Waccamaw more than 200 years ago and she has been trying to find a way to help.
“When the water started rising in some areas, it just completely flooded,” said Smith. “One of my cousins lost her home and two vehicles. So I know some of it was very devastating for the people there. Some things you’re not going to recover from in a month or two. It will be years before people recover.”
Smith plans to distribute the items on November 4 at Via Mexico, which is located at: 4417 Whiteville Road NW Ash, NC 28420.