- Some don’t evacuate, despite repeated hurricane warnings, because they can’t
- Hurricane Ian lashes Florida with 155 mph winds as landfall approaches
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall within hours: Live updates
- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall today: Live updates
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
SURF CITY, NC (WWAY) — In Surf City later this week, you may notice some of the police officers with a little more hair on their faces.
It is time for the Surf City Police Department’s annual no shave November fundraiser.
This year, the money raised will go to three Surf City Police Officers and 10 Pender County deputies who lost their homes or had extensive damage from Hurricane Florence.
Anyone who wants to sponsor an officer or just donate to the cause can stop by the Surf City Police Department at 305 N. New River Drive or you can mail a check to P.O. Box 2515 Surf City, NC 28445.