- Scientists work to protect national security during hurricane season
- Hurricanes and climate change: What's the connection?
- Fort Bend County announces million-dollar expansion of pump station to help reduce flooding
- New $9 million water pumps in Sugar Land expected to mitigate flooding
- What's the connection between hurricanes and climate change?
No shave November fundraiser to support officers displaced from Florence
View The Original Article Here
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Surf City Police Officers participate in No Shave November in November, 2017 (Photo: Surf City Police Department)
SURF CITY, NC (WWAY) — In Surf City later this week, you may notice some of the police officers with a little more hair on their faces.
It is time for the Surf City Police Department’s annual no shave November fundraiser.
– Advertisement –
This year, the money raised will go to three Surf City Police Officers and 10 Pender County deputies who lost their homes or had extensive damage from Hurricane Florence.
Anyone who wants to sponsor an officer or just donate to the cause can stop by the Surf City Police Department at 305 N. New River Drive or you can mail a check to P.O. Box 2515 Surf City, NC 28445.