- Tropical Storm Zeta arrives in the Carolinas
- Zeta weakens to tropical storm, still packs gusty winds and heavy rain on trek through southeast
- Tropical Storm Zeta to bring heavy rain, strong winds to Charlotte area
- The Latest: Zeta weakens into a tropical storm over Alabama
- LIST: Schools in the Carolinas going remote, closing due to severe weather
PANAMA CITY, Fla. — The family of a baby who spent his first night out of the hospital in a Walmart parking lot after Hurricane Michael just got a surprise baby shower.
The happy event happened at a Walmart near the store where the family hunkered down in those dark days following the Category 4 storm.
Wilmer Capps, his wife Lorrainda Smith and their baby Luke were surprised on Tuesday after they were told to show up at the Walmart for a hurricane recovery meeting.
The family’s home was damaged during the storm, so the baby shower was the best news they’ve had in a while: They got a year’s supply of diapers, a food voucher and a cake with rubber duckies on it saying “Walmart loves Luke.”