- 'She couldn't swim' | Family of flooding victim speaks about loss, lack of barricades
- Floods, landslides kill at least 28 people in southern India
- Thailand hit with more flooding amid heavy rains
- 'They took a child's sense of safety': School in Nixon broken into, computers stolen during floods
- Flash Flooding: Second Body Recovered After Vehicle Swept From Texas Bridge
PANAMA CITY, Fla. — The family of a baby who spent his first night out of the hospital in a Walmart parking lot after Hurricane Michael just got a surprise baby shower.
The happy event happened at a Walmart near the store where the family hunkered down in those dark days following the Category 4 storm.
Wilmer Capps, his wife Lorrainda Smith and their baby Luke were surprised on Tuesday after they were told to show up at the Walmart for a hurricane recovery meeting.
The family’s home was damaged during the storm, so the baby shower was the best news they’ve had in a while: They got a year’s supply of diapers, a food voucher and a cake with rubber duckies on it saying “Walmart loves Luke.”