- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
- Southport Marina receives new docks after Hurricane Isaias
- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
PANAMA CITY, Fla. — The family of a baby who spent his first night out of the hospital in a Walmart parking lot after Hurricane Michael just got a surprise baby shower.
The happy event happened at a Walmart near the store where the family hunkered down in those dark days following the Category 4 storm.
Wilmer Capps, his wife Lorrainda Smith and their baby Luke were surprised on Tuesday after they were told to show up at the Walmart for a hurricane recovery meeting.
The family’s home was damaged during the storm, so the baby shower was the best news they’ve had in a while: They got a year’s supply of diapers, a food voucher and a cake with rubber duckies on it saying “Walmart loves Luke.”