- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
- Southport Marina receives new docks after Hurricane Isaias
- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — The man accused of stealing an elderly woman’s purse at a Hurricane Florence shelter back in September is now behind bars.
Surf City Police arrested Ronald Robinson, 37, on Friday, after receiving a tip from Cumberland County Crimestoppers that Robinson was in the area.
Chief Ron Shanahan says they arrested Robinson in the 1800 block of S. Shore Drive.
According to Fayetteville Police, Robinson stole an elderly victim’s purse after helping her walk to a restroom at a Hurricane Florence shelter and later pawned the victim’s jewelry at a pawn shop.
They issued felony warrants for Robinson’s arrest.
Robinson is charged with financial card theft, felony larceny, and obtain property by false pretense.
Robinson was taken to the Pender County Jail before being taken to Cumberland County.