- These are the most infamous October hurricanes
- Flooding in Venice worsens off-season amid climate change
- Drawing Hope: Illustrator volunteers to sketch homes lost in California wildfires
- 'She couldn't swim' | Family of flooding victim speaks about loss, lack of barricades
- Floods, landslides kill at least 28 people in southern India
One major issue with the rain is flooding.
Roads like Cleveland Drive in Chapel Hill are seeing heavy flooding and standing water, causing them to close.
Flooding also caused Durham Public Schools to operate on a 2-hour delay.
The knocking down of trees is another major issue.
North of I-40 on Creedmoor Road is closed after a tree that fell early Tuesday.
Crews are working to clear the roadway, but lanes are closed in both directions.
See Kim Deaner’s Facebook live for some of the latest closures.
A full list of road closures can be found on NC DOT’s website.
If you see flooding, do not drive through it.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)