- Hurricane Ian causes extensive damage in Florida even before landfall
- Some don’t evacuate, despite repeated hurricane warnings, because they can’t
- Hurricane Ian lashes Florida with 155 mph winds as landfall approaches
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall within hours: Live updates
- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
Phillies manager Gabe Kapler is among the homeowners who lost their house in Southern California’s wildfires.
Kapler told The Athletic his ex-wife and two sons lived in the Malibu house and evacuated last week. A friend sent him photos over the weekend showing only a steel staircase remained of the property, about a mile from the Pacific Ocean.
Kapler moved to Philadelphia after the Phillies hired him last October, but kept the house for his family.
He led the Phillies to an 80-82 record in his first season.