- 1 dead, at least 17 injured after tornado rips Alabama town
- Alabama tornado leaves 1 dead, several critically injured
- Tornado leaves several injured, homes damaged in Alabama
- Senior-laden Hurricanes edge Rockets to keep playoffs in sight
- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
Raleigh, N.C. — Downed trees, weather-related crashes and impassable roads were reported Tuesday following steady, heavy overnight rain.
Major road closures in Wake County include:
- Capital Boulevard at Peace Street
- Atlantic Avenue at Hodges
- NC-50 south of Norwood
- NC-97 at US-264
- Piney Grove Wilbon Road at Spence Farm Road
- Creedmoor Road at Mattlyn Court
- Magnum Dairy Road between Kimi Road and Brayer Path Road
Major road closures in Durham County include:
- Left lanes in both directions on I-40 flooded near Exit 274 for NC-751
- Mineral Springs Road at Butler Road and Valleydale Road
- Snow Hill Road
- Old Oxford Road near Cassam Road
Major road closures in Orange County:
- S. Estes Drive at Fordham Boulevard
Durham, Person schools delayed
Durham and Chapel Hill were most affected by isolated flooding on roads.
As a result, schools in Durham and Person counties made the decision to operate on a two-hour delay Tuesday.