- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Word Changing Hearts Ministries held their annual Thanksgiving meal for the Wilmington community Wednesday.
The church has been putting on the event for almost 18 years. The event was held at Douglass Academy, free of charge to all families.
Church members cooked the meal, and they even had free health screenings and flu shots.
Free clothing and shoes were also available for families in need.
Pastor Darwin Murrill says the event grows every year. He says it is their opportunity to give back.
“This is actually for everybody. So we’re just pleased to be able to do that. We have some great cooks and some delicious food. And people are leaving here smiling. This is just our moment to be able to induce some love in our community,” said Darwin Murrill.
Pastor Murrill says this year is even more special, after Hurricane Florence left a lot of the Wilmington community with nothing.