- American Red Cross of Eastern NC volunteers ready as Tropical Storm Ian moves towards U.S.
- TribFest Recap: Can Texas Plan Properly for Droughts and Floods to Come?
- Tropical Storm Ian path shifts west, increasing chance NC sees heavy rain next week
- Florida monitors a growing Tropical Storm Ian in Caribbean
- Florida emergency declared as Tropical Storm Ian strengthens
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A chef who came to Wilmington after Florence to feed hurricane victims has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
According to the Washington Post, ever since José Andrés and his small nonprofit group fed hungry Puerto Ricans following Hurricane Maria last year, the celebrity chef’s name has been whispered in talk about potential nominees for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Maryland Representative John Delaney confirmed he nominated Andrés for the 2019 award.
The winner will be announced in October.