- Tornado destroys homes in weather-battered western Louisiana
- Morning storms, possible tornadoes cause damage in Houston area
- Morning storms, tornadoes cause damage in Houston area, Southeast Texas
- Nor'easter brings hurricane-force wind, causes power outages
- Nor'easter has New England bracing for floods, power outages
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A chef who came to Wilmington after Florence to feed hurricane victims has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
According to the Washington Post, ever since José Andrés and his small nonprofit group fed hungry Puerto Ricans following Hurricane Maria last year, the celebrity chef’s name has been whispered in talk about potential nominees for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Maryland Representative John Delaney confirmed he nominated Andrés for the 2019 award.
The winner will be announced in October.