- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
- Tornado causes damage, displaces families in Houston suburb
A new program is about to begin that will help homeowners struggling to recover after Hurricane Harvey who were not reimbursed or had to pay for repairs out of pocket.
Applications for the Homeowner Reimbursement Program and the Homeowner Assistance Program will be available on December 3, 2018.
The programs are being administered by the Texas General Land Office. Homeowners who need still need assistance with home repairs or rebuilding can apply for the Homeowner Assistance Program. Homeowners who already completed the repairs can apply for the Homeowner Reimbursement Program.
The programs are available for certain Texas counties. The list of eligible counties and information on how to apply for each county can be found here.
Homeowners are encouraged to apply for the program soon after the application opens and to begin to gathering the required documents.
A checklist for the Homeowner Assistance Program can be found here.
A checklist for the Homeowner Reimbursement Program can be found here.