- Hurricane Ian nears Florida coast, threatening floods, winds
- Florida natives come to Canes-Lightning game to take minds off Hurricane Ian concerns
- Hurricane Ian continues path to Florida
- Charlotte Motor Speedway opening campground for hurricane evacuees
- Floridians arrive in Charlotte ahead of Hurricane Ian
The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for much of Central Texas through Saturday morning and a flood warning for Onion Creek and the Colorado and Pedernales rivers.
Central Texas could see anywhere from three to six inches of rain on Friday in Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Comal, Fayette, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties. The service says the heaviest rain is expected Friday night into early Saturday morning, and that minor to moderate flooding is expected along three waterways in our area:
- Minor flooding is expected some time between late Friday and early Saturday evening along Onion Creek at U.S. Highway 183.
- Moderate floods are expected along the Colorado River at Bastrop between Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening.
- Minor flooding is expected between Friday and Saturday night along the Pedernales River at Johnson City.