- Tornado destroys homes in weather-battered western Louisiana
- Morning storms, possible tornadoes cause damage in Houston area
- Morning storms, tornadoes cause damage in Houston area, Southeast Texas
- Nor'easter brings hurricane-force wind, causes power outages
- Nor'easter has New England bracing for floods, power outages
On Friday’s Houston Matters: We learn more about the potential for flooding across Greater Houston as meteorologists expect anywhere from three to five inches of rain across Harris County between tonight and tomorrow morning.
Also this hour: Marvin Odum is leaving his role as Houston’s chief recovery officer. Odum, the former president of Shell Oil, was selected for the volunteer position shortly after Hurricane Harvey. News 88.7’s Travis Bubenik talks with him about what he learned from the job and where Houston’s recovery effort should go from here.
Then, two area researchers discuss efforts to improve scientific literacy and how to get more people to trust science. And our panel of non-experts weighs in on The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of the week’s news.
And the son of a Pearl Harbor survivor tells his father’s story.