- Hurricane Ian causes extensive damage in Florida even before landfall
- Some don’t evacuate, despite repeated hurricane warnings, because they can’t
- Hurricane Ian lashes Florida with 155 mph winds as landfall approaches
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall within hours: Live updates
- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
HOUSTON, Texas (FOX 26) –
Mickey Gibson says his house flooded during Harvey and that now he prepares by looking at when the water will crest.“It’s important that we get crest height information as quickly as we can in rainfall amounts and where they are, that is, what gives us an idea of what we can do and we actually have three options, we can stay, go and we actually have a flood mitigation system that we purchased to put around the house. It’s 3 foot wide to about 40 foot long you fill it with water and basically ring the house and you put a sub pump here in a sub pump there for the leakage, you can usually pop it back out”, says Gibson.