- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
HOUSTON, Texas (FOX 26) –
Mickey Gibson says his house flooded during Harvey and that now he prepares by looking at when the water will crest.“It’s important that we get crest height information as quickly as we can in rainfall amounts and where they are, that is, what gives us an idea of what we can do and we actually have three options, we can stay, go and we actually have a flood mitigation system that we purchased to put around the house. It’s 3 foot wide to about 40 foot long you fill it with water and basically ring the house and you put a sub pump here in a sub pump there for the leakage, you can usually pop it back out”, says Gibson.