- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
HOUSTON, Texas (FOX 26) –
Mickey Gibson says his house flooded during Harvey and that now he prepares by looking at when the water will crest.“It’s important that we get crest height information as quickly as we can in rainfall amounts and where they are, that is, what gives us an idea of what we can do and we actually have three options, we can stay, go and we actually have a flood mitigation system that we purchased to put around the house. It’s 3 foot wide to about 40 foot long you fill it with water and basically ring the house and you put a sub pump here in a sub pump there for the leakage, you can usually pop it back out”, says Gibson.