- 1 dead, at least 17 injured after tornado rips Alabama town
- Alabama tornado leaves 1 dead, several critically injured
- Tornado leaves several injured, homes damaged in Alabama
- Senior-laden Hurricanes edge Rockets to keep playoffs in sight
- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
NEW CANEY, Texas – Water covered some roads Tuesday along the East Fork of the San Jacinto River as flooding peaked.
Video showed water covering FM Road 1485 and FM Road 2100 near the border between Harris and Montgomery counties.
Officials said the road was closed Tuesday morning because water was flowing over the roads near Lake Houston Park.
Authorities said the roads could close for several days depending on flood stages.
The National Weather Service said flooding peaked at 64.36 feet early Tuesday and is slowly dropping. The forecast calls for the river to be below minor flood stage sometime late Wednesday.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.