- 1 dead, at least 17 injured after tornado rips Alabama town
- Alabama tornado leaves 1 dead, several critically injured
- Tornado leaves several injured, homes damaged in Alabama
- Senior-laden Hurricanes edge Rockets to keep playoffs in sight
- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Hurricanes have placed forward Jordan Staal on injured reserve with a concussion.
General manager Don Waddell also announced Wednesday that the team recalled forward Janne Kuokkanen from its AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
Staal has missed two games with the injury, and the move is retroactive to Dec. 5. He has five goals and six assists in 27 games this season.
Kuokkanen leads Charlotte with 27 points — 11 goals and 16 assists.