- Epsilon instensifies into category 3 hurricane in Atlantic Ocean
- Now a Category 2 Storm, Epsilon Is This Season’s 10th Hurricane
- Hurricane Epsilon, the 10th of a busy season, nears Bermuda
- Here are the records we're breaking this hurricane season
- Epsilon strengthens into Cat. 1 hurricane; 26th named hurricane of the season
CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Several roads were closed due to flooding in Cabarrus County Friday. The people who live off Mount Pleasant Road South at Highway 200 say they aren’t surprised to see water covering the road.
It’s so common that the road floods when it rains that perhaps that is the reason Fox 46 noticed more than a dozen vehicles drive through it Friday afternoon. Only a couple of drivers turned around.
The Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office says Mount Pleasant Road South at Highway 200 is a problem spot for people driving around barricades. The Sheriff tells Fox 46, it’s actually a crime. He says it’s a class one misdemeanor to drive around a barricade which could cost drivers hundreds of dollars in fines and 6 to 12 months’ probation.
FOX 46 also saw NCDOT crews repositioning road closed signs. Many of them had been moved to the side of the road or even pushed out of the way by passing vehicles. One of the NCDOT workers we spoke with said he even saw a car run over one of the barricades.