- Hurricane Ian causes extensive damage in Florida even before landfall
- Some don’t evacuate, despite repeated hurricane warnings, because they can’t
- Hurricane Ian lashes Florida with 155 mph winds as landfall approaches
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall within hours: Live updates
- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
1/8/19– Surf City residents are donating their Christmas trees to help rebuild sand dunes damaged by Hurricane Florence.
So far—more than 500 trees have been collected.
There’s still time to donate—just call or email town hall.