- Zeta weakens to tropical storm, still packs gusty winds and heavy rain on trek through southeast
- Tropical Storm Zeta to bring heavy rain, strong winds to Charlotte area
- The Latest: Zeta weakens into a tropical storm over Alabama
- LIST: Schools in the Carolinas going remote, closing due to severe weather
- Tropical Storm Warning expanded into Charlotte ahead of Zeta; many schools switch to 'remote' day
1/8/19– Surf City residents are donating their Christmas trees to help rebuild sand dunes damaged by Hurricane Florence.
So far—more than 500 trees have been collected.
There’s still time to donate—just call or email town hall.