- Hurricane Epsilon, the 10th of a busy season, nears Bermuda
- Here are the records we're breaking this hurricane season
- Epsilon strengthens into Cat. 1 hurricane; 26th named hurricane of the season
- Epsilon strengthens into Cat. 1 hurricane; 10th named hurricane of the season
- Epsilon strengthens into Cat. 1 hurricane; 10th named storm of the season
Austrian officials say several a series of avalanches have struck buildings and roads but caused no injuries.
Austria news agency APA reported Tuesday that an avalanche overnight in Ramsau slammed a hotel but that all 60 visitors and staff got out of the building unharmed.
Warmer, wetter weather after days of heavy snowfall has increased the risk of avalanches in parts of southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In Bavaria, snow melt has flooded several roads and some basements in the town of Harburg as the Woernitz river swelled overnight.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Dozens of people have already died in avalanches and weather-related accidents in the region since the start of the year.