- Biden visits Puerto Rico to survey Hurricane Fiona damage, as Hurricane Ian aid efforts underway
- NWS confirms tornado touchdown Friday in Holden Beach
- Florida residents picking up the pieces from Hurricane Ian's path
- Florida’s death toll from Hurricane Ian tops 100 as the search for survivors continues
- Hurricane Ian death toll reaches at least 94 in Florida, 4 in NC as storm's effects linger
An Indonesian official says torrential rains that caused flooding and a landslide killed 6 people and displaced hundreds in the western district of Gowa.
The chief of Gowa district in South Sumatra said Wednesday that the dead included two infants who drowned and a man who was electrocuted. Adnan Purichta Ichsann said rescuers are still evacuating residents to shelters at a government office and mosques after the floods that happened late Tuesday.
Deadly landslides and floods are a frequent occurrence during seasonal rains in Indonesia.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.