- Smoke from Canada wildfires along East Coast should begin dissipating
- Air quality along the East Coast improves after days of haze from Canada wildfires
- Floods imperil cattle, cotton in the Panhandle
- Are Canadian wildfires under control? Here's what to know.
- Relief from Canadian wildfire smoke still days away for millions of Americans, meteorologist says
Flooding, landslide kill 6 in western Indonesia
View The Original Article Here
An Indonesian official says torrential rains that caused flooding and a landslide killed 6 people and displaced hundreds in the western district of Gowa.
The chief of Gowa district in South Sumatra said Wednesday that the dead included two infants who drowned and a man who was electrocuted. Adnan Purichta Ichsann said rescuers are still evacuating residents to shelters at a government office and mosques after the floods that happened late Tuesday.
Deadly landslides and floods are a frequent occurrence during seasonal rains in Indonesia.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.