- Smoke from Canada wildfires along East Coast should begin dissipating
- Air quality along the East Coast improves after days of haze from Canada wildfires
- Floods imperil cattle, cotton in the Panhandle
- Are Canadian wildfires under control? Here's what to know.
- Relief from Canadian wildfire smoke still days away for millions of Americans, meteorologist says
Wrightsville Beach restaurant closed since Florence starts rehiring staff
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC (WWAY) — One beachfront restaurant in Wrighstville Beach took quite a hit by Hurricane Florence.
After months of renovation, the Oceanic started its yearly staff interviews in hopes of being back open for the upcoming season.
Representatives from the restaurant say they are hoping to re-open even better than before.
They say the restaurant had major roof damage due to the storm.
Sky Strouth is the district manager and says they do not have an opening date yet, but they expect to open in time for the season.
“We have really taken The Oceanic back down to the studs and are rebuilding it,” Strouth said. “We have a very large commitment to the restaurant hospitality in Wrightsville Beach. We have a commitment to the town, so we’re rebuilding back n this exciting, new, modern way.”
Strouth says they are excited to open back up. He says they saw several hundred applicants at their hiring event.