- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall within hours: Live updates
- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall today: Live updates
- Hurricane Ian nears Category 5 strength as Florida braces for direct impact
- Texas closes Padre Island National Seashore beaches ahead of Hurricane Ian
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC (WWAY) — One beachfront restaurant in Wrighstville Beach took quite a hit by Hurricane Florence.
After months of renovation, the Oceanic started its yearly staff interviews in hopes of being back open for the upcoming season.
Representatives from the restaurant say they are hoping to re-open even better than before.
They say the restaurant had major roof damage due to the storm.
Sky Strouth is the district manager and says they do not have an opening date yet, but they expect to open in time for the season.
“We have really taken The Oceanic back down to the studs and are rebuilding it,” Strouth said. “We have a very large commitment to the restaurant hospitality in Wrightsville Beach. We have a commitment to the town, so we’re rebuilding back n this exciting, new, modern way.”
Strouth says they are excited to open back up. He says they saw several hundred applicants at their hiring event.