- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
- Tornado causes damage, displaces families in Houston suburb
Australia’s prime minister has toured the flood-stricken city of Townsville where two men have been reported missing.
While floodwater receded in Townsville on Tuesday, overnight monsoonal rain caused flash-flooding in communities to the north where authorities have warned residents to move to higher ground.
And police are still searching for two men who were last seen on Monday morning near floodwaters.
Authorities have warned Townsville residents not to swim in flood waters, in which crocodiles and snakes have been spotted.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison visited a new housing estate where scores of homes had been inundated.