- 'She couldn't swim' | Family of flooding victim speaks about loss, lack of barricades
- Floods, landslides kill at least 28 people in southern India
- Thailand hit with more flooding amid heavy rains
- 'They took a child's sense of safety': School in Nixon broken into, computers stolen during floods
- Flash Flooding: Second Body Recovered After Vehicle Swept From Texas Bridge
Australia’s prime minister has toured the flood-stricken city of Townsville where two men have been reported missing.
While floodwater receded in Townsville on Tuesday, overnight monsoonal rain caused flash-flooding in communities to the north where authorities have warned residents to move to higher ground.
And police are still searching for two men who were last seen on Monday morning near floodwaters.
Authorities have warned Townsville residents not to swim in flood waters, in which crocodiles and snakes have been spotted.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison visited a new housing estate where scores of homes had been inundated.