- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall today: Live updates
- Hurricane Ian nears Category 5 strength as Florida braces for direct impact
- Texas closes Padre Island National Seashore beaches ahead of Hurricane Ian
- Hurricane Ian nears Florida landfall with 155 mph winds
HOUSTON (FOX 26) – The Homeowner Assistance Program, administered by the Texas General Land Office, was created to assist homeowners with repairs still needed on homes damaged by Hurricane Harvey.
There is a $1 billion community block grant available to assist homeowners with rebuilding.
The Texas GLO is working to increase awareness toward affected residents in Fort Bend, Waller, Wharton, Austin, Matagorda and Colorado counties.
Interested residents can apply for the program in-person by visiting the HGAC-W/Lower Colorado Region office in Fort Bend County or a satellite intake office to complete an application with one of our applicant coordinators.
Applicants can also visit recovery.texas.gov to complete the application online.