- Tropical Storm Epsilon could become Category 1 hurricane by Thursday
- Tropical Storm Epsilon expected to become Cat. 1 hurricane
- Tropical Storm Epsilon likely to strengthen further before eyeing Bermuda
- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms in Atlantic Ocean, could be hurricane strength by Thursday
- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms near Bermuda
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Plan, prepare and practice. North Carolina wants you ready for any and all severe weather to brace our coast. Do you have your emergency kit ready?
The National Weather Service and North Carolina Department of Public Safety are teaming up for Severe Weather Preparedness Week.
The campaign urges people across the state to learn more about severe weather and ensure all necessary items are on hand from extra batteries to an evacuation plan.
“How do we get the most help the fastest and effective and efficient to the community that we serve,” said Emergency Management Manager Zak Whicker. “That’s really what our goal in emergency management is…to make sure we’re ready for the next storm.”
With severe weather season around the corner, there is a greater risk for severe weather across the southeast. This Wednesday,March 6th is a statewide tornado drill at 9:30 AM.
Visit the New Hanover County’s Emergency Management resource site here.