- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
- Wildfires produced up to half of pollution in US West, according to study
- Tornado causes damage, displaces families in Houston suburb
Welcome to Monday and another work week. Today is also National Grammar Day, so remember: “I before E, except after C or when sounding like A, as in neighbor and weigh.”
Bundle up! Not only are temps going to struggle to make it to the mid-40s today, but there’s also a stiff wind that is making those temperatures feel even colder. Meteorologist Britta Merwin has a look at the forecast.
Trending right now
This “Good Samaritan killing” outraged people in Baltimore and beyond. Read more >
In New Caney, a town of 20,000, news spreads fast, and so does heartbreak. Read more >
Drivers in north Houston are dealing with a traffic delay after a fatal crash has blocked all but one lane of the North Freeway. Read more >
NTSB recovered the flight data recorder from the cargo jet that crashed in Trinity Bay in Anahuac. It will be transported to NTSB labs in DC for evaluation.