- Scientists work to protect national security during hurricane season
- Hurricanes and climate change: What's the connection?
- Fort Bend County announces million-dollar expansion of pump station to help reduce flooding
- New $9 million water pumps in Sugar Land expected to mitigate flooding
- What's the connection between hurricanes and climate change?
News 2 Know: Cold snap, Alabama tornadoes and more
Welcome to Monday and another work week. Today is also National Grammar Day, so remember: “I before E, except after C or when sounding like A, as in neighbor and weigh.”
Bundle up! Not only are temps going to struggle to make it to the mid-40s today, but there’s also a stiff wind that is making those temperatures feel even colder. Meteorologist Britta Merwin has a look at the forecast.
Don’t forget! You can keep track of the radar and forecast throughout the day at click2houston.com/weather or by downloading the Frank’s Free Forecast app.
Trending right now
Family staged Baltimore woman’s death, blamed panhandler, police say
This “Good Samaritan killing” outraged people in Baltimore and beyond. Read more >
Family, friends remember New Caney football player killed in hit-and-run
In New Caney, a town of 20,000, news spreads fast, and so does heartbreak. Read more >
Fatal accident causes traffic issue for morning commute
Drivers in north Houston are dealing with a traffic delay after a fatal crash has blocked all but one lane of the North Freeway. Read more >
NTSB recovered the flight data recorder from the cargo jet that crashed in Trinity Bay in Anahuac. It will be transported to NTSB labs in DC for evaluation.