- Epsilon instensifies into category 3 hurricane in Atlantic Ocean
- Now a Category 2 Storm, Epsilon Is This Season’s 10th Hurricane
- Hurricane Epsilon, the 10th of a busy season, nears Bermuda
- Here are the records we're breaking this hurricane season
- Epsilon strengthens into Cat. 1 hurricane; 26th named hurricane of the season
This storm brought the highest tornado death toll in the United States since 2013, according to the National Weather Service.
The victims’ ages range from 6 to 89, according to the coroner.
At least seven of the victims were from two families who are related by marriage and lived a few houses apart, Coroner Bill Harris said Tuesday.
Those killed lived in roughly a one-square-mile area of the town of Beauregard, a resilient, community-oriented town of roughly 9,000, said Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones.
Preliminary reports indicate the deadly twister reached an EF-4 category with winds estimated at 170 mph.
As of Tuesday, about seven to eight people remained unaccounted for, said Jones.
ABC News’ Brendan Rand contributed to this report.
Copyright © 2019 ABC News Internet Ventures.