- Hurricane Warning in effect for Louisiana, Mississippi as Zeta eyes Gulf Coast
- Zeta, headed for Gulf Coast, could bring severe weather to NC
- Hurricane warning for New Orleans as Zeta swirls over Mexico
- Zeta reverts back to tropical storm as it moves over Yucatán Peninsula, expected to strengthen back into hurricane
- Hurricane Zeta is ashore in resort zone of Mexico's Yucatan
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
HOLLY RIDGE, NC (WWAY) – Stephen Holland owned Holland’s Shelter Creek for 37 years before Florence destroyed the location.
The building itself was floating in 12 feet of water, drifting away from its foundation. To repair, it would’ve cost at least a million dollars, a financial sacrifice that Holland wasn’t interested in making.
Fortunately, one of his former customers bought a new property on East Ocean Highway in Holly Ridge, and offered it to him to rebuild about four months ago.
“This was a nice location, plus I knew a lot of people and a lot of my customers came from over here so it wasn’t really a hard decision to make and they’ve been great to work with so we decided this was what we’re gonna do,” said Holland.
Holland plans to create as similar of an atmosphere to the original restaurant’s as possible, and says he thinks he’ll be able to reopen in three months.