- Fire-scarred California braces for more storms, flash floods
- Homeowners wait for long-promised state hurricane relief
- These are the most infamous October hurricanes
- Flooding in Venice worsens off-season amid climate change
- Drawing Hope: Illustrator volunteers to sketch homes lost in California wildfires
Tina Danzy and her family are among many who live in Spring Lake that are still displaced. The storm forced them to dispose of many memories
“When you lose a loved one and you have to throw away things that remind you of them, it’s pretty hard,” said Danzy. “The first month, I cried numerous times a day and cried myself to sleep.”
Danzy’s immediate family and parents moved in with her brother. With no flood insurance, she’s thankful for the many organizations like Habitat for Humanity who continue helping residents in need.
“It’s been a tough road,” she said. “Really tough road.”
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.