- Florida natives come to Canes-Lightning game to take minds off Hurricane Ian concerns
- Hurricane Ian continues path to Florida
- Charlotte Motor Speedway opening campground for hurricane evacuees
- Floridians arrive in Charlotte ahead of Hurricane Ian
- KHOU 11 Meteorologist Chita Craft, photojournalist Ivan Gibson will fly into Ian with Hurricane Hunters
Tina Danzy and her family are among many who live in Spring Lake that are still displaced. The storm forced them to dispose of many memories
“When you lose a loved one and you have to throw away things that remind you of them, it’s pretty hard,” said Danzy. “The first month, I cried numerous times a day and cried myself to sleep.”
Danzy’s immediate family and parents moved in with her brother. With no flood insurance, she’s thankful for the many organizations like Habitat for Humanity who continue helping residents in need.
“It’s been a tough road,” she said. “Really tough road.”
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.