- Hurricane-damaged Little Bay Primary School in Rockport to become a workforce center
- NHL postpones two additional Carolina Hurricanes games
- Ava Gardner Museum closes due to flood damage
- Hurricanes open with 3-0 win over rebuilding Red Wings
- How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
On Wednesday’s Houston Matters: With the second fire at a Houston-area chemical facility in just over two weeks, we learn more about KMCO’s Crosby plant and examine whether its history could bring increased legal pressure to the company, which is already in a legal battle with Harris County from 2017.
Plus, Accuweather forecasters release their predictions for the 2019 Atlantic hurricane season. Houston was spared in 2018 after 2017 brought historic flooding from Hurricane Harvey. What will this year look like?
Also this hour: Our experts discuss the latest political stories with an eye for how they might affect Houston and Texas.
Then, our local food writers share their favorite places for Tex-Mex in the latest installment of The Full Menu.
And we learn about a local startup called Tellinga, that sends personalized stories with customized artwork through the mail.