- Severe weather moves on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
- Tornado warning issued for Orange County, severe thunderstorm watch issued for Triangle
- Above-average hurricane season expected
AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) – The skies have opened up from Austin to Round Rock, Pflugerville and Taylor. Our meteorlogist Zack Shields has even received reports of pea sized hail in Round Mountain, across North Blanco County.
As the old saying goes, stay indoors when thunder roars.
If you are going to traveling on the roads, drivers are being asked to be mindful and watch out for ponding on the roads. Drivers should also be wary of flooded low-water crossings, especially in West Williamson, East Burnet and Blanco County. As always, turn around, don’t drown.
Keep up with weather with the FOX 7 WAPP!
Why download FOX 7 WAPP?
- Get your current forecasts at a glance, with fully integrated GPS to give you accurate conditions wherever you are.
- Receive severe storm alerts from the National Weather Service so you can stay safe.
- Interactive radar map includes the past hour of a storm’s movement and future radar to see where severe weather is headed. Regional lightning data and high resolution satellite cloud imagery are also included. Radar is optimized for in-network and WiFi performance.
- Daily and Hourly forecasts update from our computer models.
- Add and save your favorite locations, anywhere in the world.
- Video forecasts and live streaming direct from the FOX 7 Weather Center, so you can stay informed.
- Share your weather photos and videos easily with FOX 7. Look for them during the news on TV!