- 'This was my home. It will be again.:' Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- ‘This was my home. It will be again.:’ Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- On anniversary of Hurricane Isaias, tropics remain relatively quiet for 2021
- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
South Houston High School is closed Monday because of a power outage near the corner of Edgebrook and Shaver, according to a Facebook post from the school.
The school, located in the city of South Houston, lost power after severe storms damaged power lines in the area, the post said. All other campuses in Pasadena ISD remain open.
CenterPoint continues to work on the repairs “as quickly as possible,” the post said.
On Sunday night, heavy rain and at least one tornado passed through the nearby city of Pasadena, according to National Weather Service.
The full scope of the damage is unclear, but several people posted photos on social media of downed trees and heavy winds in the area.
Julian Gill is a digital reporter in Houston. Read him on our breaking news site, Chron.com, and on our subscriber site, houstonchronicle.com. | email@example.com | NEWS WHEN YOU NEED IT: Text CHRON to 77453 to receive breaking news alerts by text message | Sign up for breaking news alerts delivered to your email here.