- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
Emergency crews told ABC11’s Ana Rivera that the woman was stuck inside her Enfield home as heavy rain and wind ripped through the area.
According to the National Weather Service, the damage was caused by strong winds. However, officials said it is too early to tell if the damage was caused by straight-line winds or a tornado.
The woman sustained minor injuries and is expected to be OK.
Overnight, the home, which is located on Highway 48, was lifted off its foundation.
It was partially torn apart and items from inside riddled the front yard Monday morning.
We’re in Enfield in Halifax County. A house on Hwy 48 has been lifted off its foundation. Their belongings have been thrown out of the house. Dispatch tells us there was one woman in the house at the time. She is out and going to be okay. #ABC11 pic.twitter.com/be6rrPKthT
— Ana Rivera (@AnaRiveraABC11) April 15, 2019
A local reverend said he spent the morning driving through the area to check on residents.
He said so far, it appears that everyone is OK.
“It’s devastating to me to see this house come off the foundation,” Reverend Andrew West said. “Nobody got hurt; I thank God for it. That’s all I can say is thank God because it could’ve been worse than what it was.”
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.