- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
- 'This was my home. It will be again.:' Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- ‘This was my home. It will be again.:’ Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- On anniversary of Hurricane Isaias, tropics remain relatively quiet for 2021
AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) – With the possibility of severe weather hitting parts of Central Texas, it’s important to prepare to make sure you and your family stay safe.
Officials say you should plan ahead because there’s always the chance of the loss of power.
One of the ways you can prepare is to have an emergency supply kit erady. Items in the kit include:
- Bottled water
- Flashlights with extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Extra cash
- Portable radio
When it comes to hail, obviously the best thing is to find shelter for your vehicle in a garage or covered parking. If you’re driving when hail hits, slow down and pull over to the nearest covered area.
Windshields are usually strong enough to withstand hail but many times side windows are not. Experts advise to park at a gas station or a covered area nearby or you can park beside a large building and use it as a shield.
You can keep an eye on the weather by downloading our FOX 7 WAPP.