- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
A survey team said wind from the tornado reached 100 miles per hour. The twister was approximately 350 yards wide, stayed on the ground for 11 minutes, and traveled 12.5 miles.
A survey team has confirmed that an EF-1 tornado touched down just northwest of Rocky Mount, #NCwx during the Friday, April 19th Severe Weather Event. Length: 12.5 miles, Max Winds: 95 – 100mph, Max Width: 350 Yards, Duration: 11 Minutes. Full info: https://t.co/sOTFQ4quQQ pic.twitter.com/aKR7l6yrag
— NWS Raleigh (@NWSRaleigh) April 22, 2019
The good news is this tornado did not cause any injuries or deaths.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.