- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
It’s Thursday, and it’s also National Telephone Day! There’s not really a connection to the telephone and today’s date, but it sure does play an important part in our daily lives. Maybe we can celebrate by skipping the text and, instead, making an actual phone call to someone.
After last night’s storms, look for lots of sunshine and low humidity. Temperatures will top out in the low 80s.
Trending right now
A man who orchestrated one of the most gruesome hate crimes in U.S. history was executed Wednesday for the dragging death of James Byrd Jr. nearly 21 years ago. Read more >
Police are investigating after two people were found dead inside a vehicle after a rollover crash in northeast Houston. Read more >
Heavy storms pushed through Texas Wednesday, and though there were no reports of damage in Houston, other Texas cities did not get off as easily. Read more >
James Harden scored 26 points and the Houston Rockets outlasted the Utah Jazz 100-93 on Wednesday night to win their first-round playoff series 4-1. Read more >
Former Vice President Joe Biden formally joined the crowded Democratic presidential contest on Thursday, betting that his working-class appeal and ties to Barack Obama’s presidency will help him overcome questions about his place in today’s increasingly liberal Democratic Party. Read more >
The more you know
Charcoal products for your mouth claim they can absorb toxins, plaque, tartar like a magnet but it can be abrasive.