- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
As of Thursday morning, areas near Raleigh and the Sandhills are under a marginal risk for severe storms on Friday.
Don “Big Weather” Schwenneker said thunderstorms should push into the area Friday evening.
He said the biggest threats for our area are damaging winds and hail.
While flooding and tornadoes are possible, Big Weather said the chances are low.
The rainy weather won’t stick around long. Sunshine will return Saturday, and temperatures will be in the low to mid-70s.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.