- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
CAPE FEAR, NC (WWAY) — A study being conducted at UNC Pembroke aims to look at the physical and mental effects of storms such as Hurricane Florence on rural counties and researchers want your help.
The study will evaluate the ways individuals have adjusted following traumatic events of Florence.
It seeks to survey 300 hurricane-affected individuals living in Bladen, Columbus, Robeson and Scotland counties.
They are offering up to $110 for participants’ time and efforts.
Participants will complete online surveys as well as brief daily questions.
You can find out more here.