- Atlantic Ocean is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- The Atlantic is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- A 65% chance of an above normal hurricane season. Why the Atlantic is waking back up.
- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) – First responders with Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services have responded to at least 14 water rescue calls. Severe weather, along with heavy rainfall and flooding, continues to impact the City of Austin and the surrounding areas.
As the old saying goes, stay indoors when thunder roars.
Although the heaviest rains seems to be departing the Central Texas area for Friday, May 3, low water crossings continue to be hazardous from rain and runoff from the rains. Drivers are being encouraged to stay indoors and if they must, to remember to exercise caution on the roads.
Experts remind people that if your vehicle does take on water to leave it and get to higher ground. Don’t try to start a car that’s taken on water. As always, turn around, don’t drown.
6″ of water can sweep an adult off their feet, 12″ can sweep a vehicle away!
Track your local forecast for the Austin area quickly with the free FOX 7 WAPP.
The design gives you radar, hourly, and 7 day weather information just by scrolling.
Our weather alerts will warn you early and help you stay safe during storms.