- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) – The National Weather Service is hosting Hurricane Preparedness Week May 5-11 with daily hurricane awareness themes and tour stops along the East Coast.
The 2019 Hurricane Awareness Tour is set to stop in Quonset, R.I.; Harrisburg, Pa.; Roanoke, Va.; Charlotte, N.C.; and Brunswick, Ga. Each stop will feature a tour of the Hurricane Hunter aircrafts as well as a chance to meet the flight crew, speak with hurricane forecasters and meet with local NWS meteorologists and emergency managers in an effort to learn about weather safety and preparedness.
Each day will feature a different theme to help prepare for hurricane season starting on June 1:
For more information about Hurricane Preparedness Week, visit the NWS website.