- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
Several inches of rain fell on the Rosenberg area Tuesday, causing flash flooding and stranding several drivers.
A flash flood warning was issued for Fort Bend County until 8:15 p.m.
The affected areas include Sugar Land, Missouri City, Rosenberg, Stafford, Richmond, Town West, First Colony, Pecan Grove, Mission Bend, Meadows Place, Needville, Pleak, Fairchilds, Beasley, Kendleton, Thompsons, Greatwood, New Territory, Fifth Street and Cumings.
At 5:20 p.m., radar indicated thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the area.
Authorities encouraged drivers to turn around if they encounter flooded roads and to report flooded areas to local law enforcement agencies.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected to continue through Tuesday night and into Wednesday. An approaching cold front will set the stage for additional strong thunderstorms on Friday and Saturday.
Read more on the weather alerts page.
Track the rain with the interactive radar on the weather page.
Get the latest forecast on the weather page.
More video and photos:
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.