- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
On Wednesday’s Houston Matters: Recent torrential rains have created pockets of flooding throughout the city, which is a reminder that such surge flooding poses a significant threat to the economic security of the Houston area. A new report from Rice University’s SSPEED Center says Greater Houston needs to look beyond the coastal spine or Ike Dike to protect the region.
Also this hour: Our experts discuss the latest political stories. Then, a University of Texas researcher shares what she learned from interviewing some 600 women at abortion clinics around the state.