- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
A tornado touched down this afternoon near the Easterwood Airport in College Station, according to the National Weather Service.
The NWS said local law enforcement notified them of the touchdown around 2:25 p.m. Meteorologist Josh Lichter said the agency has not received reports of damage in the area, and the severity of the tornado is unknown, he said.
The area is currently under a tornado warning. Lichter said the agency normally conduct damage surveys after a confirmed tornado touchdown.
“But that depends on whether there’s any damage,” he said.
Julian Gill is a digital reporter in Houston. Read him on our breaking news site, Chron.com, and on our subscriber site, houstonchronicle.com. | email@example.com | NEWS WHEN YOU NEED IT: Text CHRON to 77453 to receive breaking news alerts by text message | Sign up for breaking news alerts delivered to your email here.