- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- 'Packed their stuff and left' | Hurricane Harvey’s impact still evident in many areas nearly four years after flood
- This woodworker is creating pieces from trees devastated by drought and wildfires
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for the San Antonio area
View The Original Article Here
We’re expecting flooding across the Houston area Thursday night. Houston-area schools are making adjustments to keep students out of harm’s way.
Here are the changes we have so far:
- Spring ISD: Canceling after-school activities
- Aldine ISD: District activities concluding prior to 6 p.m.
- Klein ISD: Canceling after-school activities
- Crosby ISD: Canceling after-school activities
- Huffman ISD: Huffman High School and Huffman Middle School released at 1:30 p.m.; Huffman Elementary School and FRES released at 2:45 p.m.
- Houston Community College: Graduation postponed to 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Friday, May 17 at NRG Stadium.
- Aldine ISD: Canceling all district-related activities prior to 6 p.m.
- La Porte ISD: Canceling after-school activities
- San Jacinto College: Saturday night’s commencement ceremony has been postponed to 7 p.m. Friday, May 17 at NRG Stadium.
- New Caney ISD: Closed Thursday and Friday. State and AP testing will be rescheduled for next week.
- Fort Bend ISD: Classes canceled Thursday at four campuses: First Colony Middle School, Settlers Way Elementary, Colony Bend Elementary and Austin Parkway Elementary. Students who were not able to attend other schools because of flooding will receive an excused absence.
- Sheldon ISD: Canceled all after-school activities.
- Splendora ISD: Canceled all after-school activities.