- Atlantic Ocean is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- The Atlantic is waking back up. 65% chance for above-normal hurricane season
- A 65% chance of an above normal hurricane season. Why the Atlantic is waking back up.
- Forecasters: Hurricane season to be busier than 1st thought
- NOAA updates Atlantic hurricane season forecast, says it 'shows no signs of slowing'
Photo: National Weather Service
Image 1 4
Weather forecasters have placed Houston, parts of Harris County and nearby counties along the Gulf coast under a flash flood watch through 7 p.m. Saturday.
BREAKING NEWS UPDATES: Get your Houston breaking news alerts, delivered to your inbox
Showers and thunderstorms are likely to develop along Interstate 69 down to the coast, according to the National Weather Service.
STORM AFTERMATH: Heavy rain,flooding hail pummeled Houston-area
Northwest Harris County is outside the area at risk of flash floods, according to the service. The flood watch area takes in Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston and Liberty counties, along with parts of Fort Bend and Montgomery, and several others.